4Travellers

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hawaii

We left our house at 4:30am to catch the plane to Dallas leaving at 7am. After flying for 4 hours and a layover of 2 hours, we were on our way to Honolulu. After 8 hours we arrived in Honolulu to wait for an additional 2 hours for a 30 minute flight to Kona, Big Island.

I feel jet lagged just writing this!

We've recovered from jet lag since we are on the 12th day of our vacation. Although the first day was very interesting. The girls promised to sleep until 7 but unsurprisingly woke at 2am. We gave up any pretense of going back to sleep by 5:30 and wondered what store would be open early. Answer: WalMart. I love the WalMart in Hawaii. I would normally not go to WalMart at home since I find it busy, confusing and far. But the one on Big Island...is a paradise. Opens early, have lots of chocolate covered macadamias and Kona coffee imaginable.

We snorkeled at the beach besides the hotel (great location) then spent two nights at Volcano National Park. Lava was not flowing but we found other great things to do. Went on a wonderful ranger-led hike on Kilauea Iki Crater. Lauren and Emma also completed their junior ranger badge. Have pictures of that and will post it as soon as I find the camera!

We also went boogie boarding at Hapuna Beach. Lost my right contact but so worth it.

1 Comments:

  • I can't wait to see the pictures. I sure love the big island... Didn't you guys go to Maui too? Or is that coming up later?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:34 PM, July 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home