4Travellers

Monday, April 23, 2007

Glimpse of Sun

The last four days have been glorious. The snow left us. The rain held off for awhile. Suddenly after the soaking, the sun shone on our corner. Breezy and cool at times but nonetheless cheery and so needed. Pollen had not invaded my senses (yet) so yesterday I took all four children to the local park. (Yes, four...My two girls and my friend's twin girls). I sat on the bench with sunglasses on (trying to be fashionable - utterly failing), i-pod on (another attempt) and an eye on the girls. Temperature climbed (to the 70's) and we reveled in it.

Rain is coming at the end of the week. I'll do yard work while the construction continues inside (one more week they say - we'll see about that). Colin is away (to China - visiting the Terracotta Warrior in Xian - lucky man) so I'll spruce up the outside for him. Or at least try (I'm not much of a gardener). When the rain comes, I'll focus on jewelry. A big shipment coming in later this week just in time.

P.S. It was 86F today. Good breeze - enough to make your hair whip around to not achieve the gently touseled look. Styling with hair gel was moot. Did not do yard work but did lift the phone to leave a message with the lawn guys (to please come make the lawn look like the neighbors - twig-less and almost acorn-free).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home