4Travellers

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Prague, Part Deux



Colin left me to my devices this morning. I set out to see the shops in the Old Town. Without checking my map, I happily walked in the winding alleyways that opened up to hidden squares. I browsed through galleries hoping to find a painting. I passed the hot wine stalls (it was only 11 in the morning after all). The elaborate doors were enchanting and I honestly felt that I walked with my head up to see the rooftops. I was lucky I didn't stumble in the cobblestone streets. I did not care what street I was on since every few blocks were signs pointing to the Karlov Most (Charles Bridge) or
Staromestske nam. (Old Town).

I met up with Colin for lunch. We headed to Jachymka Bier Fabrik. I had no idea what it means but suspected it has everything to do with beer. This glass was as big as my head. This particular 1 liter of beer cost 52 CZk or $2.45 (for comparison a bottled water .3L cost $3.25). So we pretty much drank beer on this trip.

That evening we went to dinner with the rest of the conference folks (the reason for being in Prague at the first place). A restaurant on castle ground. St.
Vitus's Cathedral looming above. Cool.

Addendum:

Bedtime 2:30AM. Since Prague is 6 hours ahead, it was really 8:30PM in Boston. Quite early for bed. Although Colin had to get up for a 8 o'clock meeting. I politely asked him to put the No-Disturb sign as I rolled over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home