4Travellers

Monday, November 27, 2006

Prague or not to Prague

My mom and my aunts (plus an uncle) came on Thanksgiving Day. Colin cooked up the whole delicious meal from the turkey to the cheesecake. I did cook the cranberry sauce and made the filling for pumpkin pie. I did contribute. Some.

The Ladies (as I call them) came to watch over the girls as Colin and I escaped, er, I mean, travelled to Prague. Flew to London Friday night and tried to catch the earlier connecting flight to Prague. But such as it is with baggage restriction we were relegated to wait 7 hours. Seven hours in the airport! We hauled ourselved to the BA arrival lounge and were ready to make do with the sofas. An attendant beckoned us to the sanctuary. Sanctuary. A place of refuge. A darkened room with reclining cushy chairs. We slept for about 5 hours and revived our feet and body.

Finally, we arrived in Prague and ensconced ourselves to Hotel Alchymist. A beautiful hotel owned by an Italian with penchance for Asian furniture. Colin and I had a mission: eat. We went to Charles Bridge, found a restaurant and ordered a pivo (beer) without delay. Oh, and also, I had goulash. Colin had pork knuckle. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home